Use a strong password
Here are our general recommendations:
- Your password should contain minimum 8 characters, better to include numbers, symbols, capital letters, and lower-case letters.
- Don’t use obvious words, combinations or substitutions.
Here are some examples (definitely don’t use these exact passwords though):
- Make sure your password is unique compared to all your other passwords online in general. If you have multiple accounts with the exact same password, if one of those passwords gets leaked, then all of you accounts with the same password will be at a huge risk.
- We suggest using password managers like KeePass2 for better password management. At least with password managers, you’d only need to memorize one complex password. Do NOT store your passwords on text files, on word files, on your mobile phone’s notes app, etc. Only keep your passwords on password managers. Just make sure to also have a master password that’s not easy to crack.
Some reputable password managers include:
Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your account
2. Download Google Authenticator app or Authy or any other 2FA app and install it on your mobile phone.
3. Scan the QR Code using the Google Authenticator or Authy app which is generated by the system on your screen.
4. Type the code from your mobile phone in Enter code field and click Turn On.